Thursday, April 23, 2009

Relay For Life

I'm converted!  Last week was Pomona's 1st annual Relay for Life cancer walk (it's a 24 hr walk to raise money for the American Cancer Society).  My mom has done chino's and fell in love with the event and was drafted into chairing the Pomona one, so that means I was drafted in to being the Registration Chair.  It was a lot of hard work, and with 2 jobs, a family and no free time I really did not want to do it but  but my sweet, conniving mother talked me into it and I'm so glad she did.  It was so rewarding and hearing all the wonderful stories from survivors, and the heartbreaking stories from caregivers about this horrible disease makes my small part so worth it.  And we raised over $19,000 whoo whoo.

Tat taking a break from walking


Go team Funky Monkeys.








No comments: